Cisco offers CCNA training and certifications that will help you progress in your career path. Cisco career certification programs offers training in five levels – Entry, Associate, Professional, Expert and Architect. The Associate level offers a number of certifications and the CCIE Collaboration certification is one among them. In order to pursue this certification, one has to pass the two stages of this certification namely the CCIE Collaboration written and CCIE Collaboration Lab.
About CCIE Collaboration
CCIE collaboration is training aimed at network video engineers, collaboration engineers, IP telephony and IP network engineers. The training is focused on improving your job skills and increasing your professional value. Cisco provides plenty of learning materials to help you progress in your career.
What are the two phases?
The CCIE Collaboration certification exam involves two phases
- Phase 1- CCIE Collaboration written, which is the written exam
- Phase 2 – CCIE Collaboration lab which is the next stage of the exam
One has to qualify in the written exam in order to attend the CCIE Collaboration lab exam. If a candidate gets qualified in both these phases he or she will obtain the CCIE Collaboration certification.
CCIE Collaboration lab
This lab exam will test the ability of the person who takes this exam to plan, implement, design, troubleshoot and operate communication networks and enterprise collaboration.
Some of the important topics that included in the CCIE Collaboration Lab exam are,
- Configure and Troubleshoot Cisco Collaboration Infrastructure – 5%
- Configure and Troubleshoot Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) – 40%
- Configure and Troubleshoot Cisco IOS UC Applications and Features – 25%
- Configure and Troubleshoot QoS and Security in Cisco Collaboration Solutions – 7%
- Configure and Troubleshoot Cisco Unity Connection – 10%
- Configure and Troubleshoot Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) – 5%
- Configure and Troubleshoot Cisco Unified IM Presence – 8%
The lab exam for the CCIE Collaboration certification is conducted for 8 hours. This is a hands-on exam that needs the candidate to configure and troubleshoot a number of critical networks. An important skill the candidate needs to take this exam is troubleshooting and also need to diagnose and solve the problems.