Losing data is a very common one today. Even though we maintain our system in a good way, some situations cause it loss all the data stored in it. Say for example, although you manage your system with proper maintenance, a small virus can corrupt all your files that you stored in your system. Then what would you do if you don’t have a backup? The situation is same for websites also.
Websites also contains data and designed to collect data from the user. Thus it also has database and collection of data. In order to ensure the security of that data, you need proper backup for that. Maintaining a website without a backup is a worst one that leads to the site loss all its data during unexpected situation. You don’t know when your website faces a data loss situation like a virus attack or an OS crash. Hence, you need to make sure that you have backup for all your data.
Why you need a website backup?
- If you have a backup for your site it will help you anytime
- You can use your backed data at anytime you need even you don’t have the original data
- It helps you in preventing problems that arises without the website data
- Regular backup of your website is must for a website user
- You can easily move your site if you have proper backup after its damage
- Similarly, it is easy to recover your site after a crash if you have a backup
- You are able to give your service to the customer without any break during situations like disaster
How to backup a site?
Backing up of a website is very easy today. The only thing you need to do is to choose the backup plan for your site. A number of such options are available for you online and choose the best one. Choosing such a backup plan like Plesk backup will make all the backups of your site. You don’t need to spend time for making backups. You just need to check whether the backups are taken regularly.
Once installed, the backup plan will make regular backups of your website. Then you can download your backup in the form of a file.
Things to consider in website backup
- You need to backup your site regularly nearly twice in a week for better option
- If you made any changes to your site, do the backup once after this change
- Always maintain an external backup of your data and keep two or more copies
- Make sure that you employ proper security feature for your back up data. This is important if the backed data is valuable one
- Change your backup plan as per your requirement
- Also, if you are using software for your backup update the software time to time to the latest version
Doing all these things will ensure that you have a proper backup for your website and its data like emails, web files and others.