Neurosurgery and neurosurgeons deal with anything to do with the diagnosis and healing of the illnesses of the nervous system. So, for any ailments pertaining to the brain, spinal cord, nerves, skull, spinal disks and spinal cord or the nervous tissues you must head for the neurosurgeon. It is a highly complex field of science that only the very best are allowed to deal with. The neurosurgeons perform intricate surgeries often in consultation with the specialists in other fields of medical science. It is not that they have to perform surgeries all the time but they intervene for advising the best medicine for the illness also.
What do neurosurgeons do
Neurosurgeons are asked for advice in a surprising variety of cases. These doctors are best known for performing surgeries related to the brain and the spinal cord. But they are treat patients for tissue damage, tumors, neurological injuries that are caused by accidents and strokes. They also treat neck and back pain along with spinal arthritis, fractures and brain diseases. Supposing someone has continued neck and headache or may have speech defects then the patients should be taken to a neurosurgeon. In case of a problem with motor skills or memory then also it is the neurosurgeon’s job to look at the patient and advice medicine.
How to select a neurosurgeon
If you are facing any problem pertaining to the regions mentioned earlier need to consult a neurosurgeon then it is important to select one accordingly.
- Qualification of the surgeon is the most important thing that you should look for. The medical board of that state or country should certify the person so you will need to look into his or her certifications.
- Don’t forget to check the record of malpractices if any by the doctor. In case of a doubtful feedback you can discuss it directly with the doctor.
- Referrals are a good way of coming across a good neurosurgeon. You can take the help of a family member or friend who has recently consulted the best neurosurgeon in India. It is a sound way of knowing how well the doctor treats the patients and his attitude towards his work.
- Experience is something that the neurosurgeon must have and the more the better. You will need to inquire how many case or surgeries he has performed and the level of complications handled.
- Some patients also feel comfortable if the doctor is of the same gender because they feel the practitioner might not be able to relate to the case otherwise.
- The condition of the hospital should also be considered along with its ratings and accreditations. The location of the top 10 neurosurgeon doctor in India as well as the hospital is also important because critical patients are difficult to take far for consultation.
- If possible try to get a feedback about the hospital and the doctor from satisfaction surveys so that you know how many satisfied customers the doctor already has and whether he can be relied upon.